Sunday, April 15, 2012

PEOPLE DON'T BUY WHAT YOU DO, THEY BUY WHY YOU DO IT

Here I am on a Sunday morning, in my empty apartment alone trying to find some inspiration. With only a few hours of sleep, I could not go back to bed because I'm not really used to sleeping beyond 6AM. And most especially now that the heat of summer is coming so early from my wide window.

So I took a few minutes to surf the net to find a few inspiration. I felt like I needed to be rekindled with my old self and be reminded of what I really want to do in my life and in my career. And with a few clicks on Stumbled Upon, I found this video and I thought this is just worth sharing to fellow sales professionals like me.





Simon Sinek kept on saying that "people don't buy what you do, they buy WHY you do it." And I thought that maybe I have forgotten this principle for a while now. I know that for most of us in Sales, we are "results driven" (COMMISSION=MONEY). But then, I thought, maybe I have focused so much on the results lately that I am already setting myself up to failure. I think I forego of what I believe in the first place why I am selling what I am selling. This speaks true for every and any product that any sales people sell. We have to believe why we do what we do otherwise, we will end the day as a failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment